Happy Anniversary to Us!Joe and I are celebrating 21 years of marriage WOOHOO!!So we made a list of our favorite ways to grow a strong marriage!
1. Pray together and for each other. You are in a unique place to pray for your spouse since you know them in a way others don’t. The more often we go before God with our weaknesses the more of His strength that He offers us!
2. Forgive each other. Forgiveness is the key to personal healing and to warding off the resentment that can destroy your marriage.
3. Grow spiritually together. Attend church together and talk about what the Lord is teaching you. Find a verse that can be a “team verse” that you can remind each other of in the hard times.
4. Serve each other. Every day find one way to make your spouse’s day easier. Ask, how can I help you?
5. Spend time together. Find things that you both enjoy doing. Grow the friendship side of your relationship!
6. Read God’s Word to understand the true purpose of marriage: to reflect the Gospel in how we love God and each other!
12. Make sexual intimacy a priority. It is a beautiful picture of the oneness and exclusiveness of married love! Our sexual relationship is not just something that we do, but it’s part of who we are and how God created us.
14. Put your spouse ahead of your kids. When your spouse sees you caring more about the kids it builds insecurity, but when your kids see you putting your spouse first, it gives them a sense of security.
15. Offer grace when your spouse messes up. Don’t keep a scorecard and worry about what your spouse deserves!
16. Dream together. Healthy couples talk about their future together!
17. Remember the goal of your marriage is not your personal happiness. Nor is it your spouse’s personal happiness. It’s glorifying God and reflecting Him by how we love each other.
Leave a Reply